Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Tricks of the Travel Trade


A friend of mine called me today with some pretty exciting news.  She just found out that her boyfriend is taking her on a trip to Paris for her birthday!  And when I say Paris, I do mean the city in France.  Of course, I was equally as jealous of her as I was thrilled that she was getting to go to one of my favorite cities in the entire world.  I went to Paris when I was 15 and immediately fell in love.  I’ve been dying to go back ever since.  The Eiffel Tower, the Champs-Elysees, the AMAZING food…it really is a magical place. Now, it just so happens that this will be her first ever trip to Europe.  I have to say, props to her boy-toy for picking Paris.  I think this is the perfect city to introduce a person to European culture. 


Even though her trip is a few months away, we got to talking about what she would be packing for this romantic getaway.  Of course, we all know that no matter how many “packing lists” a girl makes, she still ends up throwing her entire wardrobe into a full-sized suitcase.  Am I right, ladies, or am I right?  At least, that’s what happens when I pack for a trip.  Hey, I’m not ashamed – you never know when you’re going to need those extra pair of heels.  The conversation got me thinking about travel necessities.  What should you put in your carry-on vs. your checked baggage to make sure you look refreshed and ready to go once you get to your destination?  International flights can sometimes be brutal – and I don’t know about you, but jet-lag chic isn’t exactly my best look.


So, I decided to make a list of essentials that I like to keep in my carry-on when I’m traveling:

    1.     Tinted moisturizer: Not only will this help rehydrate your skin, but it will also even out your complexion without having to cake on a heavy foundation.

    2.     Travel sized make-up: I always like to keep a mini eye shadow compact, mascara, and lip gloss with me to add a pop of color.

   



3.     Dual lotion/hand sanitizer: **WARNING…airports and planes are germy places** Keeping a hand sanitizer with you is a must!  I like the kind that double as a hand lotion because it keeps my hands from drying out.

4.     Cleansing facial wipes: If your skin is anything like mine, it tends to look a little oily after a long flight.  Facial wipes are a great, convenient way to get rid of excess shine and clean your skin before putting on that tinted moisturizer.

5.     Small can of dry shampoo: International travel can also leave your hair looking a little limp.  Investing in a travel-sized can of dry shampoo is always a good idea.

6.     Hair Brush: I really don’t think I need to explain this one.

7.     Mini toothbrush: I recommend the Colgate Wisp single-use mini toothbrush with breath-freshening beads.

8.     Travel sized body spray: Just a little spritz will keep away that stale airplane cabin smell.


Of course, these are just a few quick things that I thought of off the top of my head.  And to all my current or future travelers…I hope this helps!


**Shameless plug of the day: Thinking about booking a trip? Check out my mom’s website http://www.mycruisegirl.com/.  She specializes in cruise vacations, but she is also a full service travel agent.  From all-inclusive resorts to over-seas tours – she can do it all!  You can also email her at: mycruisegirl@gmail.com or call: 850-588-8671




No comments:

Post a Comment