Thursday, June 20, 2013

Royally Excited


So, I’m a little bit of a travel addict.  Okay, not a little bit…I AM a travel addict.  Since I was 15, I’ve been lucky enough to go on trips throughout Europe and visit some of the most beautiful Caribbean destinations in the world.  One of my favorite ways to travel, as those close to me know, is by cruise ship.  To me, there’s nothing like hopping on one of these floating cities and spending seven days (or longer) going from port to port anywhere in the world.  Mostly I’ve cruised the Caribbean, but I also did a Mediterranean cruise through Spain and Italy after graduating from High School back in 2008.


In total, I’ve cruised nine times on multiple cruise lines – so I’m not shy to say that I’m pretty well versed in this department.  My favorite line is Royal Caribbean, but Norwegian Cruise Line is a super close second.  For those of you who have never cruised before…DO IT!!  It’s such a great way to travel and it’s convenient because you get everything you need all wrapped up into one package – food, lodgings, entertainment, multiple destinations anywhere in the world, etc.


Okay, so the reason for my shameless plug about the benefits of cruising is that I just found out my mother – who happens to be a travel agent specializing in cruises - and I are going to be heading down to Hollywood, Florida in October to preview Princess Cruise Lines new ship, the Royal Princess.  It’s the lines newest ship, and get this – Kate Middleton (yes, the Duchess of Cambridge) is the Godmother of this ocean liner!  Be still my beating heart!!  Princess Diana was actually the Godmother to the ORIGINAL Royal Princess, so this is sooooo fitting for the Duchess.


The new ship has so many cool features and I can’t even begin to describe how excited I am to get on this boat and see it for myself.  Not only has the atrium been expanded, but new entertainment and dining options have been added and it’s going to have the lines largest pool deck with a massive screen to watch movies under the stars!  As for the staterooms…all outside staterooms are going to feature balconies, which is awesome.  Being the closet foodie that I am, I can almost guarantee that my favorite part if going to be the new gelateria and pizzeria that they’ve got featured on the ship.  I’m not going to be surprised if I come back ten pounds heavier then when I left – and we’re only going to be on the ship for two days, so you do the math. Basically, that’s a lot of gelato. HAHA.


Of course, you all can expect plenty of pictures and a full, in-depth review to follow…

No comments:

Post a Comment